Thread: News Article: Jamie Lundmark
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 04:38 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Jamie was always an immature player. Even so far as to be considered a brat at times.

He never "got it" while he was here. He was given time on the top lines and never did squat with the time.

He wasn't ruined here at all. He ruined himself by not applying himself correctly.
There is something to the poor development and coaching thing but I tend to agree with you. Lundmark had a fabulous draft year--there were some even suggesting he'd be the best player out of his draft--and he made a good run at a Ramgers job in his first camp afterwards. When he was sent back to the WHL he sulked, forced a trade to Portland so he could be with one of his buddies (I think it was Barrett Heisten)--never really was the same player again. He regressed on his own at least somewhat. If I remember he wasn't having a happy home life--his parents were divorcing.

As a Ranger--he didn't always put in a very good effort--didn't seem all that interested in putting in some time in the AHL--sometimes shied away from contact and needed to clean up some defensive coverage problems--and he didn't score very much.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote