View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 08:32 AM
predfan98

vCash: 500
I think that for Weber / Suter to stay, Poile is going to have to sign 10 year long term deals for each. I think that will play a major factor.
They are both getting big time exposure in the Olympics that will just ratchet up their value. I think GM's across the league are probably not greatly surprised, but I do think seeing them perform in this pressure packed situation makes their value higher----because they are performing under pressure that is not Nashville. So, they are showing another aspect of their skill--- under intense pressure.

I think that Weber signed the deal he did..........to get the most $ when the deal expired. I don't see it as any indication of anything. If he doesn't like Poile's deal, I think he'll either be here for one year...........or someone will offer him crazy $$$. It's happened before...

Do I think they both like Nashville? Yeah, but this will be possibly the most important $$ contract of their professional career. I think that's what they will be focused on.

I don't know if Poile would do this.........or if he can do this when the time comes.

This is a scary financial time for the team... the playoffs are critical for various reasons--- and the players know it. Hamhuis said something about it in the article in the fishwrap today.
So the players know the playoffs are critical......hopefully they will take this pressure and run with it--- and not grip the sticks too tight.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote