Thread: Prospect Info: 2009 Top 25 Prospects - Redux
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
goal1228

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
My criteria for evaluating prospects is how well they perform against their peers, my view on their skills, and what kind of a player they ultimately end up being ie, their ceiling. For purposes of this list, im not including anyone currently in the NHL for more than 10 games or so.

1. Travis Hamonic - rare combination of size, skill, and skating ability. schenn might be a poor mans hamonic by the time he is through.
2. Calvin de Haan - introduce this boy to Mark McGuire and we have an allstar
3. Matt Donovan - couldnt ask for more from him this season, just been great.
4. Kirill Petrov - totally stunted by the KHL, but still has elite skills. i hope to hell he comes over here soon.
5. Jesse Joensuu - size and skill, starting to put it together.
6. Jason Gregoire - a natural goal scorer who is leading his team as a sophmore, good signs, i really like him.
7. Matt Martin - gonna be an NHL'er, but only a nice complimentary player on a good team.
8. Anders Lee - dont overlook what he's doing, finally concentrating on hockey, putting up heady numbers.
9. David Ullstrom
10. Rhett Rakhshani - a leader, but will he have enough skill?
11. Blake Kessel - having a great year, will his game translate to the pros?
12. Kevin Poulin
13. Casey Cizikas - putting up great numbers, looks like a steal
14. Aaron Ness
15. Mikko Koskinen - a mystery...
16. Anders Nilsson
17. Shane Sims
18. Dustin Kohn - he's come in and done a nice job, but he's nothing more than a bottom pairing dman ever, imho.
19. Corey Trivino - oh how the mighty have fallen....
20. Anton Klementyev

i know i sound like a broken record, but we do have a hell of alot more depth then i remember in the recent past. i mean, my 18th ranked prospect is playing in the NHL....my only problems with this list is there are relatively few superstars in waiting...a lot of middling players here, tho many nhl caliber i think. more size and skill coming up, but we're still a few years away to see whether the recent drafts have panned out.

cant wait to see what we do at the deadline, and then at the draft...

Good posts from you and dice... I dont get to see the kids play.... please continue to keep us on the kids in the system!!!

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote