View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFoodEnforcer View Post
i've been searching for a new stick, and im thinking about going for a 2-piece (cheaper over the long run...hopefully).

anyways, i have limited experience with composite sticks (have just used an easton ST, some cheap POS easton, and a reebok 5k (being the only 2-piece out of the three)), so im not sure what sticks are known for being durable, good performance for money, etc.

as for blades, ive only used an easton se16 iginla (which i like).

im looking at a few shafts, but wanted to get other's input. im hoping to spend under $100 on a shaft (hockeymonkey has a lot of shafts under $100 right now), and around $50(ish) on a blade. im around 200lbs, and im pretty hard on my sticks, so i try to buy more durable sticks, so im interested in a shaft and blade that is durable, yet still provides good performance.

so what are some shafts and blades that you guys would suggest?

I have used Harrow for about a year now playing twice a week at least and have broken one blade. I play defense and block shots with it as well as the blade whacking on other blades and generally rough play. I also have a very heavy slapshot and have not broken a shaft yet.

Very durable and for your post point economical for a great quality item. The blades are just $40 each for the senior blades and they have the most popular blade patterns.

These may be for you .... I paid $90 each for my shafts but they are now $100 each and $40 for a blade. I also like the rubber grip on the shafts.

http://www.hockeystick.com click on the ice hockey one obviously.... they sell right from their website, check their store locator though you may get lucky but doubtful. They are still a small company as they have to compete with names like Reebok and Bauer who advertise heavily and can afford to.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote