View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I think that for Weber / Suter to stay, Poile is going to have to sign 10 year long term deals for each. I think that will play a major factor.
They are both getting big time exposure in the Olympics that will just ratchet up their value. I think GM's across the league are probably not greatly surprised, but I do think seeing them perform in this pressure packed situation makes their value higher----because they are performing under pressure that is not Nashville. So, they are showing another aspect of their skill--- under intense pressure.

I think that Weber signed the deal he did..........to get the most $ when the deal expired. I don't see it as any indication of anything. If he doesn't like Poile's deal, I think he'll either be here for one year...........or someone will offer him crazy $$$. It's happened before...
I disagree. I think if Weber wanted to se himself up for max dollars in his next deal he would have added a year to this deal so he could be a UFA.

As it is, he did Poile a huge favor.

With Weber coming up for a new deal before Suter, I think Poile knows he could sign Weber, even if it takes 7 million or more. The question will become whether he can afford to sign Suter after he is done with Weber.

and I actually realize that since he's an RFA Poile could negotiate with Weber abd Suter simultaneously after July 1, 2011. Suter would be negotiating an extension but I think its still possible that Poile works a deal with both of them, especially if its important to each one that the other be signed as well..

Last edited by PredsV82: 02-26-2010 at 09:55 PM.
PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote