View Single Post
Old
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
I, too, am cautiously optimistic. The news of the last 72 hours boils down to a) is it just pr posturing to claim they negotiated in good faith after they cancel the season and there is no real dialogue? or b) this is all just what happens before an agreement and all the rumors and hearsay mean that something good is happening.

I want to believe it's b and it would be sad if it's a. I'm trying to keep an even keel.

I'm hoping that if the rumor floating around (35-soft/tax, 50-hard, franchise-exception) is true that the tax is tough enough to even out the scary looking franchise exemption aspect. For my own sanity I have not taken a close look at the rumored plans, but that exemption has salary escalation written all over it on the surface.

All I know is that I want to be eating my lunches at centennial sportsplex next week...

See, I think that's the type of agreement that it would have to be. Make the window high enough to appease the players...but make the penalties for going over the first limit stiff enough that most teams are discouraged from doing so..and those that do...benefit the league on the whole.