View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Very few do. Very very few. Marleau is the only one I can think of who uses one right now. He uses a Z bubble painted in whatever easton has that shaft as right now. I think it's staying the S15 for now, but I'm not sure.

Chara used one for a while becuase that was the easiest way for Easton to make him his custom extra length 140 flex stick. He's using an ST now. Crosby used a shaft with wood blade for his first few years, now using a OPS.

There are a few others I'm sure, and they probably do it for the wood blade feel.
I use them and have stated in here (and getting ridiculed for saying it I might add) that I felt not much difference from wood feel and composite feel and certainly not enough to complain about anything. I am not sure if you meant literally a wood feel or a woodlike feel.

I should state in fairness that I have never used a OP stick and cannot comment on how those feel. I don't mean a OP that is a two piece which a lot of them actually are but I mean a true one piece stick. I use my Harrows and they perform extremely well, I feel no need to try other stuff and that is good enough for me.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote