View Single Post
Old
02-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
At this point, Subban is a top-4.

So you have Markov, Hamrlik, Subban and Gorges/O'Byrne as top-4.
I am OK with this.

My evaluation is based on the perception that we are ready to let Subban play in NHL and learn as a top-4.

For bottom-2 we have Gill, Carle, Weber, Bergeron, UFA.

As UFA: Excelby, Jurcina, Krajicek, Covalaiacove, Van Ryn, Schubert, Corvo, Tallinder, Seidenberg, Leopold, Boyton...+++
I can live with this...
At this point, Subban is a rookie with only two NHL games under his belt. He played well in those two games, but IMO, he's risky in his own zone. He had too much energy. I know, weird to say...but it's the truth. I'd say he's close from a NHLer though. He only needs a bit of tweeking. I'd like to see him for another 10 games...we'd have a better idea of where he is in his development.

But again, Subban isn't a top 4 defenseman YET.

As for Spacek, people don't like him because of his salary. Same thing for Hamrlik and Gomez. Yes they are all overpaid, but at least, they are helping the team. We have a GM to take care of those contracts. People should stop bashing players because of their salary and let the team take care of things.

Also, I don't think we are in a huge problem with the cap. One of our two goaltenders will be traded before the next season and Price will not receive a huge contract this summer. The numbers aren't there. He'll sign for a year at a low cap hit. If we keep Halak, I don't think he'll sign long term at a huge cap hit either. Our RFAs don't have the numbers to get big raises...really, it's not that bad.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote