View Single Post
Old
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
drew1234

vCash: 500
Crosby has been fine. He has created scoring chances just that his linemates havent capitalized.

Crosby digs in the corner/back checks and has done a great job. I was a little disapointed in Staal against the Slovaks as he was weak in the corners and outplayed. Staal also needs to play his game. He tried to setup Crosby a few times and his pass was intercepted. Play your game. Put it on net and hope for garbage goals. Especially this point of the olympics.

Now Iginla... floats, I havent seen him win a battle in the corners oh wait its Crosby and Staal that actually go in. When he gets a chance he misses the net 70% of the time. No one is screening the goalie and he just shoots his hardest which hits the goalie in his chest.

I dont understand. When you see Crosby on the other side going towards the net shoot for the pads on the far side so Crosby can punch in a rebound. Nope he either misses the net or shoots at him. If the goalie can see the puck make sure its a low shot far side so theres a rebound. But thats just me. Yes Iginla has 5 goals yippe. 3 against Norway and 2 against Germany?? What about USA/Russia/Slovakia aka better goaltending teams?

People need to play there games and be smart about creating 2nd chance opportunities instead of trying to get the big goal themselves. If the opportunity is there then yes go for it. But if its not just dont fire a shot where a rebound is not possible. Makes zero sense.

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote