View Single Post
Old
02-27-2010, 12:05 PM
leafmon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Heading into the Gold medal game, what do you think of Sidney Crosby's performance thus far at the Olympics?

The greatest players usually use these types of tournaments to cement their place in history and there was so much hype for the last few years about how this Olympics would be the Ovechkin and Crosby show (ironic now since they were both busts in the big Russia vs Canada game).

So what do you think of Crosby's performance with one and the most important game to go? Early on I was in Crosby's corner, I was in the group that thought he played well when it counted against the U.S and should have got more ice time that game, but now in answer to the question, I'd have to say I've been disappointed in his play. I don't think he has stepped up. If it wasn't for the rest of the team coming together, I think he would be taking a lot of heat, but when the rest of the team wins, stars can escape the attention.

Tonight was a good example, I thought Crosby was pretty invisible, but at the end of the first intermissions the Canadian announcers say going into it Crosby and Thornton needed to step up and Crosby has done that. Huh? Even Pierre McGuire said "Crosby has done a lot of good things in the 1st, but..." (which is about as harsh as McGuire will get on a Canadian star). Crosby and linemates (at some point I think we have to stop blaming the coaches for not finding the right linemates) couldn't get it don to expand the lead when it was 2-0, and the Getzlaf group came through instead. Then Crosby had a bad turnover that almost led to a goal against and a few other sketchy decisions defensively.

So, thus far I'd say he has been disappointing. But of course his reputation will be formed with the Gold medal game. But it continues like this, even if Canada wins, I'd say Crosby has been rather ineffective rather than standing out and being one of the better players in the tournament or even on his own team.
What a made up bunch of crap. Cementing ones place......I guess AO is now crap and Wash may as well dump him before Mar 3 in the want a playoff run. Crosby has been creating chances. Maybe wait until things are over before you start this and what about last years playoff run.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote