View Single Post
Old
02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
drew1234

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalberg View Post
I used to wonder if some people actually watched the games, but now I understand there are a lot of people on here are casual fans pretending to know what they are talking about based on the stat sheet.

One of Canada's worst forwards? Sucked? Give me a break, he's consistently been creating chances, winning faceoffs, and winning pretty much every battle for the puck on the boards(I'd go as far as saying dominating along the boards, as usual). I, personally, think he is passing too much, trying to force it sometimes rather than taking a decent opportunity to shoot himself.

He's a point a game at the ****ing olympics, and has blatantly created (by himself) enough opportunities to have way more points, if not for certain "snipers" missing a bunch of prime opportunities, and a couple close calls.
Totally agree. You cant look at the stat sheet. The battles that crosby wins down low the chances he generates. Sure his linemates hasnt capitilized and thats their fault. All Sidney can do is create chances and win battles.

Some nights you can create 10 chances and 1 goes in.
Other nights you can create 4 chances and 3 go in.

But if I consistantly get 5-6 scoring chances from one player versus 2 from another id play the guy giving me 5-6 as soon those pucks will go in. Its a number game.

Iginla needs to step up imo. Doesnt work down low to create chances and is a sniper. If hes a sniper he has to score or create rebounds from his shots. Otherwise hes not doing his job. Staal is digging down low and Crosby so Iggy you gotta be better.!!

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote