View Single Post
Old
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
Weiss has already hit 20 goals. He has twice the talent Dubinsky has and he's a tremendous playmaker. Have you ever seen this goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfYOBOpxGM
I actually think he's being overrated.

Please don't try to sell me on a player by posting a link of a highlight reel goal. Allow me to introduce you to Enver Lisin. A very nice collection of highlight reel goals with Phoenix, but there's a reason they traded him for KORPIKOSKI. Weiss is a nice complimentary player. That is all. He'd be nice to have, but I'm not willing to give up anything of value for him unless we're the ones saving cap space in the long run, which we likely wouldn't be.

I think even trading Girardi for him is a mistake. Why add more salary beyond this year at this point?? Plus, we can get a better deal sprucing up Girardi+ for something else, imo. Only thing I feel safe taking off Florida's hands right now is Seidenberg. Don't want Horton for free with that contract and his attitude + injury. Booth I like as a player but he's a risk at this point at 4+ per for a number of years. It's not a given that he'll return to a 30/30 player after a hefty concussion. Just trade a mid-prospect or a 4th + roster player for Seidenberg and be done with it, please.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote