Thread: Jonas Sass?
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2010, 11:25 PM
andersej

vCash: 500
Vandalay:

You're probably right in that he wasn't even close to making the U20 team. I think Sass compares favourably to a lot of the players who - IMHO - occupied the final spots on the U20 team such as Malle, Søren Christiansen, Nordentoft or Søren Pedersen. In my philosophy, a 16-year-old player who outperforms 18-year-old players probably has a higher ceiling than the 18-year-old, so why not bring in the 16-year-old and try to develop him? I honestly don't see what was gained by picking the players listed above over Sass or Meyer or Spelling for that matter. Does anyone believe the players listed above who were selected has any chance of becoming Danish international players? If not, then why pick them over younger players with bigger potential who are outperforming them already?

The Danish league is not what it used to be, but if they can handle themselves playing against men, why shouldn't they be able to hold their own playing against 18- and 19-year-olds?

http://eliteprospects.com/league.php...tion=&sort=u20

Points are not everything, but Sass plays an energy-role on a third line in a men's league, he plays a physical style, is a good skater and puts up a fair amount of points. With that array of attributes he could be placed on any line. Even if 10 other forwards are deemed better than him, he would still be a nice fit on a 4th line.

I just don't see why he shouldn't be able to fill a similar role on a U20 team to the one he's got on a men's team.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote