View Single Post
Old
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
I think if you look back at prior threads, the consensus opinion on Crosby is that his work ethic was good but his execution was off.

I criticized his penchant for looking for the perfect pass as opposed to just firing it on net.

Funny how things work out.

He needed to be more selfish, but as the youngest player playing with a couple of snipers, I'm thinking he saw his role as a playmaker and that made the line easier to shut down because they were more predictable.

Really great lines (the CASH line of Alfie-Spezza-Heatley is most recognizable to me personally) keep their opponents guessing (including the goalie) because all three of the players are equally liable to shoot or pass.

I wonder if Miller didn't expect the shot from Crosby because he certainly didn't seem to shoot all that often in the tournament.

Maybe that was his plan all along.

A good performance is comprised of:

(a) effort; and
(b) execution.

Some guys had both (i.e. Toews), some guys had one or the other (i.e. Crosby) and some guys had neither (i.e. Thornton).

I liked Crosby's game for the most part throughout the tournament, and interestingly, it seemed as if the entire country thought it was Crosby's time in the OT. I know everyone I was with during the intermission was saying, "Time for Crosby to step up."

For him to do so, at that critical moment, is pretty amazing.

And I don't really like Crosby all that much. As a Sens fan, I've seen enough of him in the playoffs for awhile.

But I can give credit where it's due.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote