View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
First of all, if Lundmark and Comrie are close in age, (Lundmark is 22 and Comrie is 23) why make the trade? Sure Comrie has had a better career to date but he has also played in 137 more games than Lundmark. That's over a season and a half of NHL experience. And Comrie does not fit an immediate need. As far as a young scorer for the future Lundmark, Jessiman, Kovalev (still young) and maybe a Moore, Jonasen, or Stals are all young as well. This team needs as much youth as possible. Two for one does not get the job done. Especially with Moreau being 28.

Is Tyutin that good? I don't know lets see. And its hard for Tyutin to be passed on the depth chart by Lampman when Lampman is out for four to six weeks now. And you need more than on young defenseman. With Mironov, Purinot, and Malakhov all being without contracts at seasons end, there will be plenty of opportunity for a then 21 year old Tyutin and 22 year old Bryce Lampman to take one of those spots. Personally, I would like to see Tyutin play at least a half season in Hartford and get him back into the North American game.

Moreau is an ordinary player. It's not worth to trade to upgrade for size (debatable as Moreau is 6'2, 209 and LaCouture is 6'2, 219, Simon is 6'1, 215 and Barnaby is 6'1, 195.) He does not add anything that this team does not have already.

This is a trade that helps the Oilers out big time and really does very little to improve the Rangers.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Lampman now the team's best defensive prospect?
We are on a prospect site, I would hope some atleast read the content.