03-01-2010, 02:27 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 920
An article from yesterday's newspaper in Nashville regarding Ellis' contract:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...s+after+season

Quote:
But Ellis, who will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of June, said he likely would see what's out on the market first since he'd prefer to be a starter.

"It's a place that you love, and you love the group of guys and love playing here," Ellis said. "But when they choose to go in a certain direction, you have to see what's out there.''

Ellis also isn't sure the Predators would have the payroll to accommodate two goalies with starting experience. Nashville has recently signed Rinne, Marcel Goc, Kevin Klein and Jordin Tootoo to new deals, and restricted free agents Patric Hornqvist and Cody Franson will be in need of new contracts as well.

"Unless our ownership chooses to go much higher than they usually have, I don't really see (re-signing) as a possibility,'' Ellis said. "But I won't really close the door on that either.''

Ellis has not requested a trade before the Wednesday deadline.

"If the right situation comes by their desk, any player is expendable,'' Ellis said. "I have to think they'll do whatever is best to help their team. I've always been a team player in that regard. If the best move to help our team is to move me, I'm all for it.

"Otherwise, I have every intention of fulfilling my contract and playing out as best I can. At this point, it's do-or-die time for our team and you have to do everything you can to help them."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote