View Single Post
Old
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
He never got the chance to really be the starter. The only year they gave him a lot of games was the disaster year, in which the entire team sucked AND his hip was damaged. That and our wonderful medical staff could well have derailed him for a few years, but who's to say that he can't still catch on and put it together?

If people around here are naive enough to think that Leighton suddenly flipped a switch and learned how to become Patrick ParentBrodeuRoyChuk because he finally got a shot, I feel okay in saying that Niitty may yet prove he's capable.

EDIT: No, I am not accusing anyone in this current or immediate conversation of being that optimistic about Leighton. Just sayin'.
To be honest, I don't care enough to argue this point and I probably haven't been around long enough to argue it. In my honest opinion though I believe Niitty may have had the potential to be a starter at one point, before the Flyers totally ****ed him up that is. He is what he is now though. I believe his work-load in Tampa is about where his threshold is at. Splitting starts. I haven't even seen Tampa fans say that he's their starter or capable enough to be their starter. That should say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I like Niitty, but every time we handed him the reigns he ****ed up. Anytime Biron struggled, Niitty couldn;t play a good game. Esche sucked? so did Niitty.

Maybe he is over that hump now,
I don't think Niitty sucked or does suck. I just don't think he has what it takes to be a starter. I think he's one of the best backups in the league which is why I would like to bring him back.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote