View Single Post
Old
03-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Harold Snepsts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Honestly I see it to the contrary. Canadian's don't have moments like these often.

We aren't the best at baseball, football, basketball, soccer...we could go on.

What we have is hockey. We take pride in it and work hard.

That in combination with all the turmoil across the world with the recession, terrorism, earthquakes, etc. Finally there is something to celebrate be happy about.

The post is not meant to belittle anyone, rather say wooo! this is great, lets celebrate. Yet we have posters from other countries coming in with cynicism spoiling the party, so to say.

Why not let Canadians celebrate - its been barely 24 hours - or do Americans and others feel the need to come in and say you aren't that good you haven't won blah blah in 50 years.

Seriously when Americans won gold in basketball and the zillion other things they won I didn't feel the need to poke around and take them down a notch.

The guys worked hard, they deserved to win, and the country deserves a celebration. Boo to anyone that tries to rain on it.
They absolutely do. I guess this thread just seems like overreaching here.

Like celebrating this gold isn't enough, especially so soon after it happened, that the OP had to find more reasons why Canada is better at hockey?

That's all I meant. Like you won the gold. Celebrate the hell out of that. You kicked ass at the Olympics, celebrate the hell out of that too.

But now digging into historical stats to extend your hockey dominance?

What's next, invading Poland?

And it's not like I'm really upset. It's more just poking fun at it. It's getting almost Napoleonic (to mix dictator metaphors).

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote