View Single Post
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Accord
I had a game tonight and I showed up about an hour earlier than I usually show up so I got to watch the guys in the 'A League' play. There was one guy who was just spectacular and on a whole other level than everyone else, I didn't recognize him or think much of it until one of my teammates goes "isn't Ed Jovanovski awesome?" and then it hit me... ED JOVANOVSKI PLAYS IN MY LEAGUE!!! A real NHL player, let alone a guy that I grew up watching plays in my league. Some guys are over in Europe, some guys are in the AHL, some guys are up in Canada... but Ed Jovanovski is playing in the same league as me right here in South Florida of all places, must still have a house here from his days with the Panthers. The league i'm in has a 3 goal rule where a single player can only score 3 goals and after you score 3 any others don't count to prevent scores of like 15-2, needless to say Eddy had his 3 goals early in the first period. If any of you live down here in Florida, he plays in the A League at Glacier Ice Arena if you want to go see him play... and the best part was I didn't have to pay 75 bucks for a seat :lol.

Also, Denis Potvin and Pierre Racicot (NHL Ref) plays in the same league as well.

Hey, the next time he scores a goal, go over to him and say

"Hey, Ed, nice goal... so, hows it feel to be potting them for nothing in some rec league when you and youre PA brethren could be getting paid to do it?"

Then smile, take a swig of his water and gurgle "Money" by Pink Floyd while he stands right there, watching.