Thread: Free Agents
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
So just humor me: right now the Cannot's payroll is at 40 mill not counting the Sedin sisters, Allen and Chubarov, now lets say for the sake of argument that there will be a cap of 45 million with what room are you going to sign Rucinsky - let alone Kariya. I know that you guys like to think Paul will take this huge pay cut ( with respect to market value or even new market value) to play in his "home town" (and no don't think that you can use the play for a contender argument because you are far from it) but I doubt he is so stupid to play for basically nothing.
If there is a hard cap put in place, which as of right now seems highly unlikely, I doubt that it would be enforced immediately this season(if there even is one). Realisticly, the league would have to give teams at least this off-season to get under the cap, otherwise it's just not fair to all the teams that are currently over it, and there are a fair number of teams that are. As for next season, lots of Canucks' fans feel that Naslund's days with the team are all but down, his $6 mil salary would be more than enough to sign Kariya.

And just as a side note, why such a hatred for the Canucks? Did somebody not sign an autograph for you?