Old
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Nearly any idiot who could read the names on the back of the sweaters knows who the underdogs were.

I'm glad to know that the US hasn't cornered the market on idiots.

But this much is true: this US has proven that they're no longer even with the Czechs, the Finns, and the Slovaks... They're up there with the Swedes, and the Canadians.

The stories going into the next Olympics, if NHL players are involved, will be (i) whether the Russians can reconstitute their team to be competitive, and (ii) how, not whether, the veteran US team led by Captain Zach Parise challenges for gold.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Thank you.

Is it not enough that you won? Now some of you want to portray yourselves as the underdog here? Thats the height of absurdity. The most talented team in the world PLAYING AT HOME can not be an underdog.

USA played at a level above that of their individual players, that is what underdogs do. They overachieved beyond anyone's expectations. Congratulations on your win Canada, but I'm sorry, your team of Hall of Famers and All Stars at every position playing in their own country was in no way an underdog. To suggest otherwise is insulting (which is probably the reason to suggest it in the first place).