View Single Post
Old
03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Hey guys,

Couple weeks ago I got tripped while following through on a slap shot, so I fell forward and basically landed right on my shoulder as the hard padding moved out of the way. I was in a lot of pain and didn't play the rest of the game because I could barely move my arm. I am certain that the shoulder didn't pop out though. I applied ice right away and the following day i did a regiment of heat therapy.

That was two weeks ago. Now, I have all my arm motion again and it doesn't hurt for the most part. When I move it a certain way however, like hold it out directly in front of me, I get sharp pains in my shoulder. Also, since I work out, I know that I can't do any weight training using my shoulder, so I basically still can't support any weight on it.

I'm scheduling an appt with my doc tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience on the subject and maybe could shed some light on what I might be experiencing?

Shoulders are very funny touchy things and sometimes hurt a lot and there is no damage.

I am no expert on this subject and can only talk about my shoulder last spring after hitting baseballs. My shoulder started to hurt after chasing bad pitches because my brother can't pitch to save his life.

Anyhew I felt a definite twinge in my shoulder with pain and decideed to stop swinging the bat to prevent injury.

Now a couple of weeks went by and it still hurt and i wondered if I had ripped something or whatever. Torn rotator maybe? Who knew ... I just said screw it and took the summer off from hitting baseballs.

It did not bother me playing hockey so the hell with it I said.
later in the Fall I went and hit some balls and my shoulder would click in that same spot I had previously felt pain.

Why do I mention all of this? because I feel like I did nothing to it now and it is as good as new.

You may not even have an injury that needs care or you may .... shoulders are funny that way I am sure a doctor can answer your specific issues upon examination.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote