Old
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Now that right there is a quality slam.

LOL. Apologies for my needlessly aggressive tone earlier 101st, you make some points. I think it does cost extra for teams to take the break. I just don't have any idea what is the magnitude.
Thank you ........ I'll be here all week .. tip your wait staff. That was the kind slam ...... the cruel one is saved for a few select people on the np.com boards should they upset me again.

Every decision has a business side component that the fans too often ignore based on emotion. To get NHL players in the winter olympics requires shutting everything down mid season for 2-3 weeks. What other league has that imposition?

I expect to see the NHL players in the Olympics in 2014 .... the NHLPA is going to push hard for it because it is popular with the players, but, that won't be until after all the parties involved get together and try to balance the implications for each. The NHLPA, IIHF, NHL, KHL, whatever network gets the broadcast rights ... all need to figure out the details.

The Preds are finishing a 24 day stretch without a home game. That's a hell of a long time to go without the the gate and game related revenues.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote