View Single Post
Old
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's not even close to being as smart a hockey player as Straka. Or really as skilled either.

Yeah if you're a bottom feeding team with absolutely no depth and you're going to be there for 3 years then sure you can give Lisin all the time he needs to figure it out. But while the Rangers aren't an especially good team, they have plenty of guys they can play who are better than Lisin and who earned their icetime over him.

Why would anyone want Lisin? What has he done to look attractive?

Fact is that we all kind kind of excited about some highlight reel goals, and some fans hyping him up, and we all thought "man this guy could be a legit offensive player!" and so we hold onto that idea even though he's proven he has next to no hockey smarts and his skills other than skating aren't much better than average.

Lisin is one of those guys that you hope you can work with and then he'll just "get it" and realize how to use his skills effectively, but Lisin hasn't gotten regardless of where the Rangers played him.

No one wants a player who can't be a defensive forward but isn't good enough at scoring to be a top six

Straka was on the scrap heap for 3 years of his career before going back to Pittsburgh. He was waived as well. He was anything but "smart" during those lean years

I'm not saying Lisin is anything close to what Straka became, but Lisin never had a chance to ride shotgun with the greatest scoring winger in NHL history for almost a decade.

By the way, I was never a marty Straka fan, so that may explain my ire

Either way, Lisin was a terrible acquisition.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote