View Single Post
Old
03-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Riven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Replacing Mitchell isn't as easy as this. Our defence as is won't be able to handle the minutes, and adding a dman who is the equivalent of a "low asset cost" return wont do.

If Mitchell isn't in the plans for next year we need a high caliber defensive defenceman to take his place, and that is not easy to find.
By asset, I mean players or draft picks.

I, clearly, am referring to the off-season. I am talking about going out with available cash and picking up a free agent. That would be the available cash from Mitchell not re-signing with the Canucks.

Other teams sign free agents. What is it about this concept that makes it so difficult for the Canucks?

The reason I am suggesting doing this, assuming Gillis doesn't follow the advice he's getting from the TV guys and trade for Hamhuis, is that we do have some young defensemen who could be on the Moose next year. So, there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

But, we need short term help for the next couple of years while the youth develops with the Moose. A free agent makes sense to fill the gap.

Riven is offline   Reply With Quote