View Single Post
Old
03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Blackjackz

vCash: 500
I don't see Gillis doing anything that could upset the chemistry of this club. There are three players who make the most sense to be in play (i) Cory Schneider, (ii) Mathieu Schnieder, (iii) Michael Grabner. The time is right to move Cory, if there is interest in the prospect then that team should make the move. Mathieu Schnieder can be had for under 300K salary hit, as he just got his bonus, I suspect there is a contender out there that will take a flyer on him. And Grabner is a guy we don't want to lose, but he could have some value. In the end you have to give up something to get something, and Grabner may be a bargaining chip if we are going to round out this team for the playoffs.

I am not sure if I heard Doug Maclean correctly, but I think it is wishful thinking of the TO media if they think the Canucks are going to move Hodgson, especially for an overpriced and over-rated, Tomas Karbele. The only way Hodgson gets moved is for a significant package, and I just don't see that happening at this point in hte season. The trading deadline is for rental players.