View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Or maybe young potential 20 to 25 goal snipers are more valuable around the league than HFboard posters think? I don`t know. One thing is for sure, there is a clear disconnect between the value that we perceive of our players than what actual league officials think. Or maybe the Blues just didn`t like what they see in Palushaj. However, I highly doubt that`s the case. Strickland said that the Blues were very high on Palushaj just last year. I doubt much would have changed in the past year.

Eitherway, we get ourselves a decent prospect for a player that is no longer in our plans. Also, Dagger is RFA this year. Palushaj has a contract to 2012. If anything, we deal with one less contract head ache this summer.
I think that from the Blues standpoint, you look at a guy like D'agostini, that got 21 pts with MTL last year and was a ppg player with Hamilton earlier that year, and you say to yourself: he's just having a tough year. Honestly, maybe he is. When the guy broke in with the club last year, he was really confident and it showed. He's completely lost it this year. Maybe Palushaj has looked the same this year with Peoria. The only reason why i think we definitely win this trade is simply because Palushaj gets to learn under Boucher from this point on. That and he's 3 years younger than D'agostini.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote