Thread: Confirmed with Link: [MTL/STL] Matt D'Agostini for Aaron Palushaj
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Wow. I tried reading your post, but every sentence was followed by a contradictory sentence. Was that intentional?
Yea when I think out loud, I tend to state my points and then try to think of a point that would disprove it so it makes me think more.

But you can see my original point. The perception that some of our players have no value is quite flawed. It just brings into question for me, what kind of value some of our other plays, like Spacek or Gomez, would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I think that from the Blues standpoint, you look at a guy like D'agostini, that got 21 pts with MTL last year and was a ppg player with Hamilton earlier that year, and you say to yourself: he's just having a tough year. Honestly, maybe he is. When the guy broke in with the club last year, he was really confident and it showed. He's completely lost it this year. Maybe Palushaj has looked the same this year with Peoria. The only reason why i think we definitely win this trade is simply because Palushaj gets to learn under Boucher from this point on. That and he's 3 years younger than D'agostini.
I agree. Both clubs roll the dice with these assets they are getting back. If Dago returns to form, Palushaj might not be a bad price to pay. Similarly, for us, if Palushaj reaches his potential, this trade could be a win for us.

The biggest thing is that we get rid of a RFA when we already have so many at the end of this year.

Next up Mara.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote