View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 08:12 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
The time off will surely help the Rangers because of guys like Gilroy (who looked like a different player last night), Anisimov, Del Zotto. Callahan looks like hes absorbed the class of Olympic talent and hit another level of play.

But its only one game. They have some really tough opponents ahead, not to mention all the teams in front of them and around them (expect Montreal) have a game or two in hand. I've been on record in saying they wont make the playoffs and if they do theyll get destroyed by the Caps in the 8th spot. But if they can win 2 out of the next 4, theyll be close to a pace necessary to hit 89-90 points. That might be enough.

I can't wait until today is over so i dont have to feel negative towards this team. I've been so disenchanted the last two months watching them play and defending my position on what I feel the Rangers should do at the deadline and calling for Sathers job. Obviously, im one of those in the sell crowd. But that goes out the window once the deals are made. I have no control over what happens and if they decide to go for it then i gotta support the team.

At least after 3PM (or 5PM-7PM when the Rangers actually announce their trade(s)) I can finally go back to being a supporter of this this current team. All i've been focused on is the future and how that can be drastically effected by the actions of the GM prior to the deadline. So i'll wait and see what happens, gripe about whatever it is and move on.

Whether or not i think theyll make it or not after that doesnt matter, I might as well root for these guys to make it because guys like Cally and Hank deserve to be rewarded for showing up every night. Its just that I've been more concerned about watching Sather fail than actually wanting my team to win and thats when you know things have gotten bad. I've been a fan for over 20 years. I've never ever felt this way before about what is basically a pseudo-religious experience to me every October to April. I've just been so torn up with what has transpired with the management that the focus is no longer on the ice and thats sad.

But like I said, theres nothing i can do about it after 3pm today and after that I can aborb these moves and finally move on and watch some stretch run hockey and be a fan again.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 03-03-2010 at 08:20 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote