View Single Post
Old
01-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Jamie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Completely unrealistic. Why would Florida, with the problems they already have, want to acquire your problem, the lack of a top line center, for items that can be found through UFA or (if and when) on the waiver wire? After the amount of times there have been proposals featuring Edmonton and Florida, and some of those have proposed much better value, why would you try and lowball the team?

Florida and Edmonton are possibly the two worst trade partners at this times. Let it go people. Jokinen and crew are not able to leave without someone clearly capable of assuming his role comin back in return. And in this trade, there is no one remotely capable of fillin his skates.
I said it was unrealistic, but if Florida had a deal for a differant top center elsewhere, why not? This is good value for them, with the way Reasoner was playing before he got hurt, he could easily be some teams 2nd line center. Torres potted 20 goals in what was basically his rookie season. Hemsky is a promising youngster as well. I'm certainly not saying it's likely to happen, as it would be very unlikely, but thought it was worth throwing out there to be discussed. This is not lowballing anybody. And I have no idea where you're going to find these young cheap and talented players on the waiver wire or on UFA. Reasoner you may be able to find a similar player in free agency but certainly not the other two.