View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Hodgson will not make it...

Heatley has been put on 1/2 rosters, really guys? He will be 33, and still be producing 90+ points.

Staal-Crosby-Stamkos
Heatley-Thornton-Carter (Joe will be 34 years old.. I'm sure he will still be playing top notch hockey as well)
Richards-Toews-Nash

Weber-Doughty
Keith-Seabrook
Bouwmeester-Green/Phaneuf/Myers

This is the 2014 Olympics..thats 4 years. I'm sorry but Canada won the gold medal they won't be pulling a US and dropping the whole team for young guys. At most two of Tavares/Duchene/Hall/Seguin/Myers will make the team. People forget the mid to late 20's guys who will be vets by then, and the in between youth, the early 20-mid 20's players who will be up with the top of the league by then

Mike Richards, Jeff Carter James Neal, Jordan Staal, David Perron, Derick Brassard, Claude Giroux, Devin Setoguchi.

Spezza, Penner, Laich, Cammalleri (he'll be 31, not young but keeps producing)

These guys production will likely all remain consistent or go even higher.

I can see Stamkos, Duchene, Tavares and Myers being the ones to potentially make it, but Hall and Seguin? come on.
Thornton looked slow on the NHL-sized ice surface; can you imaging him on an international ice surface? He could very well still be amongst the NHL scoring leaders by that point, but I can't see him make this team given his lack of speed.

86Habs is offline   Reply With Quote