Thread: Prospect Info: 2009-2010 Part III
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
isles93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
These are some good questions we may never know the answers to. Maybe he was promised ice time, maybe the thought of making a ton of money, to help his family (?) was appealing to him. Moving half way around the world, learning a new language, and trying to learn a new culture is not always the dream of every Russian kid. Not everyone is Ovechkin and embraces the idea of leaving home to become a star. Guys like Ovechkin and Malkin were very high #1 picks who made enough $ to bring their families along with them, Petrov, regardless if he's a first round talent, was a 3rd rounder, and will be paid like one.

Hopefully the kid truly wants to come over, and something can be worked out. Though I've only seen him in this years WJHC, I really liked what I saw out of him, good hands, good speed, and good size. We really don't have anything like him in the pipeline. Hopefully he'll be a Soundtiger next year, or even better yet, and Islander.
The big problem I see from Petrov is he does not speak a word of English, not a single word. That shows me he has no desire to ever leave Russia. Not to mention the difficulty coaching him in the US