View Single Post
Old
03-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Herschel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotaGuitar View Post
I know it won't happen to start, but I kind of wish that Todd would split up the top line since they will almost definitely be shut down in the playoffs.
I am not sure that this would be in fact the case. I think most posters discount what Heater brings.

Teams know that they can NOT play Joe soft and give him time. He is too good when he is able to slow things down. So any good shutdown line is going to pressure him. FINE!

This means that the gabs between Joe and the defence are going to be small, very small. This automatically opens up ice for Patty and Heater. In the past Patty has gotten oppertunities because of the space Joe gives him. This will continue.

The difference between last season and this is HEATER. This is a guy that can given a one on one situation can beat a guy and create a chance, or when someone creates his chance by feeding him the puck he scores.

While i have no issue trading out Patty for Seto or Manny. HEATER is the key to this team success. Teams either have to play honest and given Joe time and space, or they have to risk giving Danny oppertunities.

Herschel is online now   Reply With Quote