View Single Post
Old
01-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
this was the first time I saw '44' attached to Mess' name. He's gotten old (me too for that matter). One of the true warriors, a throwback player if you will (still have an autograph picture of him titled 'Bloody Mess' in which he is, well, a Bloody Mess).

It is tough to write these days - talking about prospects we've never seen play, and the ones we have seen, we've only seen sporadically.

What was that you said about fishing? Sounds good to me (actually going to Costa Rica in March for some fishing, coincidentally enough).
Years ago, probably 1984, Messier dropped into a TV studio here in Edmonton and I happened to be waiting for someone in the lobby. He had just gotten a new black Porsche (I think it was a gift from Pocklington for winning the first Cup) and I remember talking to him about it. It was late spring, and he'd just gotten it.

The Oilers in those years were extremely available to the public in Edmonton because it was (still is) a pretty small city. I guess I still think of Messier that way.

Jesus, I'm making myself sick here. :lol Anyway, enjoy the fishing.