View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 08:12 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I have no idea what will happen to Popov. It'd be nice to at least get a closer look at him. He's slowed down considerably though since returning from injury. Thanks for the reminder though. I'll have to ask Alessandro for an update.

As far as our AHL team/coach for next season, I'd love to get Stevens back there, but I'm pretty sure he has his heart set on an NHL job. He will clearly ride Holmgren's coat tails for that impressive turn-around in one offseason.

The team, however, will be stacked. I really can't wait to see all this talent on the Phantoms. God knows we'll have enough contract space next season. It looks like our 50 contract limit is going to go through a bit of a spring cleaning this summer. We lose quite a bit of dead weight.
Dont want stevens back . Just a bad fit and dont really think it is a good idea.. I liked that they went out of the organization for gilbert. I have no idea how he has done but apparently not good by what people have said. What I would like to see is a hot shot type of junior coach come in and learn the ropes. They will have a young team again next year. You need a teacher and someone who can develop these guys. Then hopefully the coach progrsses enough that he can take over for laviolette in a few years . Not sure I would say they are stacked, you also need to account that they will bring in a ahl veteran or 2 as well.
I cant see him getting a nhl job anytime soon unless a gm is just blind.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote