View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 09:16 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Canada vs. Russia. It really isn't close.

Not many aside from Americans take US hockey very seriously, hence the #5 IIHF ranking.

You had a good goalie, big deal.
No one but Americans take USA hockey seriously? I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion base on a IIHF ranking.

As for the poll, it really should only by voted on by Canadians. They are the only ones that would be able to properly rank the rivalries since they are the only ones involved in both. As an American it would pretty hard for me (or any non-Canadian) to fully grasp what the Russia/Canada rivalry means to Canadians. Or what the USA/Canada rivalry means to them as well.

I know that the country I want to beat the most in hockey is Canada. Partially because they are the best, the gold standard if you will when it comes to hockey. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Its also due in part to growing up/living in the Buffalo area playing and coaching against Canadian teams for years in tourneys. But I can't speak to what those games meant to my Canadian opponents. Other than to say they made it clear they weren't going to lose to any damn American team.

Last edited by joshjull: 03-04-2010 at 09:26 AM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote