View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 09:03 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
JT, I'm kind of proud of you right now. Though misguided, for once you are wearing your emotions, and not your stats, on your sleeve.

Besides some notion of applaudibly fanciful dreams of the innocent that have you projecting undeserved greatness upon Purcell, there is no reason to expect that we lost something of great importance.

(Paraphrasing) "Because Olli Jokinen scored on us" is not a real reason.

this move is to help with the playoffs, which there is zero admissable evidence to suggest Purcell would be of bigger boon value than Halpern.
...Well that's because Purcell has no stats unless you want to count the AHL.

Right now it doesn't look like Purcell is going to light anybody up. He doesn't play the role of a bottom sixer well, and he isn't gritty and tough enough to be a top six on the Kings. I think he should be thanking Lombardi for finding him a new home.

I'll take our chances in the future that with Simmonds, Richardson, Moller, Loktionov, Schenn, etc. that some how Lombardi will find a player that can fill Purcell's shoes.

Of course JT is still bemoaning the Cammalleri trade and that has turned out exactly as Lombardi predicted. Cammalleri is a very expensive and very good player on a not so good team.