Thread: Larry Brooks: Slats Stays The Course
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Well, that's what happens when you never have a top 5 pick. We all know that. Still doesn't mean that tanking is the answer either. I mean according to HF, Kreider & Stepan are projected to be first liners (8.0).

8 - First line forward / No. 2 defenseman / No. 1 goaltender -- players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential. Think Patrik Elias, Keith Tkachuk, Mattias Ohlund, Adam Foote, Sean Burke, Olaf Kolzig.

Not exactly 80 point guys, but still very good.

I mean as far as I know, there is only one player on HF that's ranked a 9.0. That's Tavares. So yeah.
You're leaving out the letter part of their grade, which measures the players realistic chances of reaching their potential:

A - All but guaranteed to reach potential - 100 percent metaphysical certitude that the player will play up to his abilities as noted by his potential rating. In this case, the potential rating is multiplied by 100 percent for depth chart purposes, signaling that the player is a lock to reach his given potential.

B - Should reach potential, could drop 1 rating - likely to reach potential, but may have a hole or two in his game that will keep him from reaching his full potential. The potential rating is multiplied by 90 percent for depth chart purposes, which indicates slightly less certainty about a player’s future performance.

C - May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings - has shown some flashes, but may ultimately not have what it takes to reach his potential. The potential rating is multiplied by 80 percent for depth chart purposes to show the uncertainty of a player reaching his potential.

D - Unlikely to reach potential, could drop 3 ratings - a player who has a chance to reach his potential but is unlikely to do so. The potential rating is multiplied by 70 percent for depth chart purposes, indicating that the player's potential is extremely fluid.

Stepan is an 8.0 C

Kreider is an 8.0 D

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote