View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
The Kings essentially let a young player who wasn't hurting the team go -- in order to acquire an aging player who has been hurting the team he played on up to this point. How is this "helping" with the playoffs in any way? Halpern's never been past the first round of the postseason, so you can't look to him for any leadership there, right? Did Lombardi feel like the other teams needed a handicap when playing the Kings in the playoffs, and thus decided to make the team worse?
How many Tampa Bay Lightning games have you watched this season? How many games have you watched him play in his career? I remember him being a pretty good player for Dallas. They guy has scored 20 goals twice and 18 and 19 goals in other seasons.

How you came to the conclusion that Purcell is a better option for this team is beyond me. Apparently you felt our bottom six was ripe for playoff action. Something a majority of this board and Kings management disagrees with.

I swear I've never seen more crying over a 3rd round pick in my life. We already have so many prospects that we've had to let guys go. You can't keep them all. I'll go ahead and go out on a limb and say that Jeff Halpern will play more games as a King than that 3rd rounder will play for Tampa. And it is probably going to take them 3 or 4 years to figure that out.