View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by langerrr View Post
didn't see this discussed so I though I would start a thread...

I thought Ville Leino showed good puck possession and had good presence around the net(not as much as the old #22), but he definitely has size and it helps to have a bigger forward around the net. He also seemed very confident out there with a few nice dangles. Although I am big fan of Powe, I would like to see a lot more of Leino heading to the final stretch of the season and possibly through the playoffs.
Leino around the net plays bigger than he actually is. It's a little deceptive, but he's certainly good in the crease. Despite all the skating jabs at him, he did pretty well in Laviolette's system. You can tell he's willing to put out the effort to earn a roster spot.

He has great hands, and though his skating will hurt him in space, he has the talent to make defensemen look foolish with his stick-work.

I would like to see both Powe and Leino in the top 9 with Asham as the 13th forward. I know people will get on edge about this, but Asham has had an incredible offensive display for a couple games that I doubt he will be able to repeat. I think Powe with Giroux and JVR would be best while trying Leino with Richards and Gagne.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote