View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Asham has been pretty offensively good this year tholike he definately has an underrated shot and hands. Plus he's pretty good on his skates (See Asham breaking Jay McKee's ankles against the pens in one game). So if anybody should get replaced for a few games is somebody who hasn't been producing at all the way they are capable of. That would include Briere, Gagne and Hartnell. Theres no way Briere and Gagne would be temporaraily replaced and probably not Hartnell either but with the way he's been playing I feel like if Leino takes anybodies spot later on for awhile it should be Hartnell's. Even tho that does sound ridiculous.
Briere, Gagne, and Hartnell's worst day is still MILES above Asham's best day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I agree. I love Asham and the guy has about as much heart and grit as anyone in the league, but he is not really an offensive threat. Not that Leino or Powe is Brett Hull or anything like that, but if JVR and Giroux had a third piece to that line that could score, it would be more daunting for other teams to match up against. Powe has the speed to stick with Giroux and JVR and Leino can stick handle really well so I'd be cool with either Powe or Leino playing on that line. The only problem with a JVR-Giroux-Leino line is that I feel like JVR's best aspect is in front of the net and Leino seems to good at that as well. Guess this will all shake itself out over the next few weeks.
I agree that both JVR and Leino seem to be very good around the net.

If we are leaving Carcillo with Richards and Gagne, and I agree that we should, I think Leino can fit in well with JVR and Leino if you allow JVR to roam a bit more. I like that we've got him trained to believe offense starts in front of the net, but I'd like to see the Flyers let his skill loose a little more. He's good around the net, but the vast majority of his goals this season are 2008-09 version of Jeff Carter in the high slot.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote