View Single Post
Old
03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Not sure how long Powe is out for and I'm sure Leino won't sit until he comes back. He certainly won't lose his spot after that performance - unless I didn't see him completely blow defensive assignments or something. So during Powe's absence maybe he plays well enough to push somebody else out but who? Asham and Carcillo have both played well basically all season in just about every assignment they have been given. Briere has been so-so for a while now but you just can't take his skill out of the lineup - and you want to see if he can build some momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs. Gagne was improving before the break and looked good in the first couple games back.

That leaves Hartnell- and I am not a Hartnell hater - I don't mind him taking aggressive penalties like roughing here and there, some cross-checking/boarding/elbowing type penalties. It's just his overall sloppy play that gets me. He really is out of control. Maybe he needs ritalin or something. He doesn't think about where he is on the ice - ever. I really wish we could have just traded him for a solid 2nd-3rd pairing winger. Maybe somebody not quite as good but younger and cheaper with a little up-side. Right now Hartnell is adding nothing. Leino probably isn't the answer but he just may be - he certainly would have a great shot at success in Hartnell's place for a couple games. Then again didn't Leino completely fail on the top line in Detroit?

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote