View Single Post
Old
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Gino 14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Sucks about your buddy, hope his eye is good and all.

How come guys in cages or visors get hit in the face so much? Not talking about your buddy here just in general. Everybody who points out it is dumb to not have face protection always has storied about being hit in the face a lot. I havnt worn face protection since leaving Juniors like 7-8 years ago and have been hit like twice maybe three times.

I've been driving for 30+ years and have never been in a serious accident, doesn't mean it can't happen to me. Same holds true for visors. As I stated before, I watched one of the guys who played here in the UHL take a puck of the crossbar and under his visor and he ended up losing his eye and the last I knew, was impaired in his "good" eye. I played for 5 years and never had a hit to the head and twice in a span of two weeks I was hit, once by a deflected puck and the second by a stick deflected during a shot. That second one dented my cage. Nothing in the last five.

I used to think that guys that didn't wear visors weren't so smart, but I realize that it's more a case of choice and chance, to each his own. I'll stick with a cage and seat belts when I drive, for that one time.........

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote