View Single Post
Old
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
rinkrat22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psujorge View Post
I disagree. It costs tax dollars for the coroner to scrape you off the highway if you don't wear a seatbelt. Just like really the decision for you to wear protection or not rests with the person liable for whatever happens on the rink or pond you play on. In your case, you may have signed a waiver (or may not have), but anyone with legal experience knows those usually don't hold up much in court.
it costs taxpayer money whether they scrape you off the road or transport you to the hospital for "possible" injuries. Actually it probably cost more to transport an injured person to the hospital than to "scrape them off the Highway". I should know I'm the guy doing the transport to the hospital. Again, my point is an ADULT SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. Life is full of "could happens" I see them at work everyday, do you have a fire extinguisher in your home? I go to house fires nearly everyday I work. Do you have working smoke detectors? do you know cpr? all things that could prevent or help when "what if" happens. do you save 10% of your paycheck every week for a rainy day? I could go on and on with the "what if's" as I said before I wear a visor. its what is right for me with the varying levels of players that I am on the ice with.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote