Thread: Jonas Sass?
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
andersej

vCash: 500
I guess it boils down to a difference in philosophy about the junior teams. Obviously the coach will try to win at every cost and will ice the team he believes has the biggest chance of winning. That is the objective of every coach. But, that may not be what's best for Danish hockey in this instance. I think at the junior level - and especially for the last spots on the team - why not use the players with the biggest potential to give them a taste of what is asked of them at the next level?

For a young player, a spot as the 12th or 13th forward on a team such as the Under 20 National Team would be an excellent opportunity for that player. For a 19-year-old whose ceiling is probably that of a 3rd or 4th line role player in the Danish Elite League, I just don't see the point in giving the spot to the 19-year-old so he can play 4-5 minutes in every game and is highly unlikely to ever feature in the National Senior Team at any point in the future. Had they given that kind of spot to other players from the reportedly very talented '93 pool, I would have had no problem with that.

Besides, if the Danish Elite League is as awful as you say, doesn't it stand to reason that the Danish second tier league must be absolutely atrocious?

And please don't attack a player's personality without at least backing it up with examples. So often I hear people say 'This guy is arrogant' or 'that guy is so and so'. Most often I find that such comments end up saying more about the person uttering them than it does about the object of said comments.

I don't know Sass personally, but I have seen nothing to suggest that he has an attitude problem. On top of that, as a famous Danish soccer coach once said: 'The players on our team that cause us the most trouble, are often the same guys the opposing team can not handle.'

Last edited by andersej: 03-06-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: added section
andersej is offline   Reply With Quote