View Single Post
Old
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Lomark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
In the last game, we were the only team that seemed to be effected by it. If you can't get your legs under you, you take dumb penalties and get beat on the opposition's forecheck which is why we were down 2-0 at the end of 1. Against teams like the Panthers, you need to come out strong and show dominance early. The Panthers loved slowing a team like the Flyers down early, because it gave them opportunities to score early. And they took advantage of these opportunities. Now you have the Flyers having to come back from a two goal hole because they didn't play strong the first 20.

Now, this doesn't mean Leighton didn't play like crap so don't try to turn into that. The reason we were down 2-0 after 1 was half his fault and half the slow start of the rest of the team.
I think you make some good points. I just don't see how fighting majors, where one from each team sit for 5 minutes has anything to do with us getting of to a slow start. Staged fighting is what it is. I doubt it has much if any influence over the game itself. Fights that start because of bad history or raw emotions (see Brashear vs Domi or Lindros vs Barnaby/Boughner) is another matter...

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote