Old
03-06-2010, 06:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Isn't this the second time you've used this line?

There's nothing wrong with calling out the management for not upholding the management staff to the standards the organization has.
Yes it is. I don't know, I just think being a fan of a team you should be a fan of the team. It seems like all anyone does on these boards is talk about how terrible the players on the team are and how awful the management is. I'm not saying not to criticize, but look at the topics and the posts. A majority of them is how awful the team is and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, because the "Leighton isn't a good goalie" meme just developed...the only reason it's come to a head is because we didn't do anything to address the fact that we're relying on a crappy goalie, not because folks opinion of Leighton has changed demonstrably.

It should, Stevens was a crappy coach...and Leighton is a crappy goalie.

Give me a break. They haven't won a Cup since the mid-effing-70s and they get a carte blanche from criticism and if you do criticize them you should jump ship to the arch-rival.

Playoff hunt, absolutely. Shot to win it all...only based on "Anything can happen" logic. That gets you far.
I know Leighton isn't a good goalie, but there really wasn't anything that could be done without shuffling the entire deck to get a different goalie. I would have liked a better goalie than Leighton, but not at the cost of Carter or whatever else teams were asking. Leighton is a good enough goalie on this team that when they are playing to their potential they are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
First off I am not panicing. I am commenting on the goaltending the last 2 games which has not been good. What do you want us to say? Oh well **** happens?
I havent liked the way the Flyers have dealt and treated the goaltending position for 20 plus years. The list is long of the goalies we have had that have not been good enough and the opportunites to get someone better have been there and they chose not to. Do I like it? Of course I dont. Am I going to switch allegiances because of it? are you ****ing kidding me? REALLY? I have been a fan of this team since I was 8 years old. I will die a Flyer fan.
That wasn't really directed specifically at you, it was more of a general statement toward the board at large (see the beginning of this post).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote