Thread: Consequences
View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 05:55 PM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
For me the bottom line is this: it's a pretty irritating thing to have happen from both sides. The Oilers gave their money, their playing time, their best wingers and their faith and coaching to Comrie. On the other hand, Comrie scored at a high level while he was here, and certainly would have to be considered a quality offensive player.

But it is what it is, and they might as well send him down the road sooner than later.

I expect a trade by next Saturday.
I agree with everything but the last statement. I don't think Comrie is going anywhere. I don't think Lowe will deal Comrie. My guess is that Comrie will sit this entire season. We have enough NHL talent on this team. We don't need another player to fill Comrie's roster spot. Comrie's holdout just frees up a spot for Rita or Stoll. Comrie is one of the best players on the Oilers but I believe they will still make the playoffs without him. Would they be better with him in the lineup? Of course. Lowe holds all the chips and I really don't see Comrie getting traded anytime soon unless Lowe gets a deal he would have taken before Comrie's holdout.