View Single Post
Old
02-01-2005, 11:36 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessimanrules
People saying what has Prucha shown this year. See, that is exactly the kind of close minded, no vision talk that we heard out of this organization for 7 years. Prucha from all scouting reports I read has great offensive ability. He's not getting ice time right now. What do you possibly have to lose in a rebuilding situation by putting a kid with great offensive skill with Jagr instead of some never will be? What is the worst that could happen? He would stink and then you could send him to Hartford? So be it. You can't come out with this close minded attitude that our prospects have to prove they can play on the first line. It's not about 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines now. It's about trying to develop NHL players.
While I'm not saying he can't make the jump, I have to wonder how you think a guy will perform in the NHL on a 1st line in the NHL, where, it's safe to say,the best players in the world are playing when he can't get enough ice time in a league where less than 25% of the best players in the world are playing?

If you are going to tell me that playing with better players will bring out another level from him, maybe someone should mention that to his current coach?