View Single Post
Old
09-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Funkymoses

vCash: 500
Rohlfs first impressions

Okay, went to the annual Blue-White intrasquad game for Michigan and spent much of the game focusing on Rohlfs for your edification. My first impressions:

He's certainly as big as I expected. Very tall, legit 6'3", and with some bulk. He got an assist by rifling a shot off the post which fell to one of his linemates, who buried it. I would describe his skating style as "deliberate". Not exactly Todd Marchant out there but the thing is, he seemed to be in the right place a lot. He got his assist by taking a great pass in stride right at the blue line and got in on a partial break. Generally showed some good offensive instincts. Parked himself in front of the goal a few times and caused some problems. His team scored a goal from the confusion he was causing. Bad things: looks like he needs to be better conditioned. Defense might need some work.

The game was not particularly physical so I didn't get to see that aspect of his game but my overall impression of him was positive.

And I tell you this now for your 2004 draft pleasure: TJ Hensick is for real. He's tiny but money, money, money.

And since it's apparently board policy that every post must talk about Mike Comrie: The coaches for the white team during the scrimmage were Blake Sloan (who's a UFA) and Comrie.

This is obviously a sign of his terrible whatever and his awful something. But I thought it was sort of funny.